May 23, 2017
Our special guest this week is Audra Carson, “the tire nerd”,
founder of De-Tread. De-Tread is a company based out of Detroit
that dedicates its time to cleaning up the streets of Detroit by
reusing and recycling the large mounds of tires that have been
dumped around the city.
- Audra explains that she didn’t choose De-Tread, it chose her.
Audra attended college at Olivet, and originally pursued a career
at MetLife as a business analyst before forming De-Tread.
- Audra was inspired by HGTV to begin cleaning up the tires that
were dumped in her hometown community.
- In 2009, De-Tread was formed, focusing on health and safety in
the communities of Detroit, as well as innovative new ways to use
the excess of tires. Audra explains that “tread” is an acronym that
stands for Tires Recycling Education Art Design.
- Audra’s second company is Izzie Logistics and Distribution.
Izzie focuses on strategic beautification.
- Audra tells us that De-Tread is focused on people, profit, and
planet. She hopes that through her work she will be able to create
a sustainable and environmentally-minded business, that also
creates jobs for the people.
For more information about
Audra Carson and De-Tread:
Be sure to visit us at www.yb2csystem.com
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/YB2CLive/
Leave a review on iTunes:
YB2C Live! on iTunes
YB2C Live! is recorded at
Green Garage in Midtown Detroit: Green Garage Detroit