Sep 18, 2017
In this episode of YB2C Live! Pam and Keith sit down with Andrea
Davis of Bikram Yoga Ferndale to talk about health and
Bikram Yoga is a form of Hatha yoga that is practiced through
breathing exercises and a series of 26 postures. It's done in a
heated room, on average 105 degrees and 40% humidity, which is
meant to help the body detox through sweating. Bikram is a guided
practice that does not change, no matter where in the world the
class is held.
- Andrea describes how Bikram is different from other types of
yoga, such as Ashtanga or Vinyasa.
- Because of the solidified unchanging practice, Bikram creates
an atmosphere for diversity; even those who do not speak English
can come and take a class at Bikram Ferndale successfully.
- Pam recounts how her consistent Bikram yoga practice helped her
recover from a very serious injury.
- Andrea explains how she ultimately chose Ferndale to set up her
studio, and how others can become certified instructors and start
their own Bikram studios.
- Andrea highlights the importance of family in her yoga journey,
and tells a story about a family reunion that ended with a caravan
to a Bikram yoga class.
- Andrea explains the business side of a Bikram studio, and how
she utilized business podcasts — much like our very own YB2C Live!
— to learn as much as she could.
- Bikram is for everyone, Andrea insists, for all ages, sizes,
genders, and has innumerable benefits for the body and mind.
For more information about
Andrea Davis and Bikram Yoga Ferndale:
Visit them at
Follow them on Instagram and
Facebook at Bikram Yoga Ferndale (@BikramYogaFerndale)
Be sure to visit us at www.yb2csystem.com
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/YB2CLive/
Leave a review on iTunes:
YB2C Live! on iTunes
YB2C Live! is recorded at
Green Garage in Midtown Detroit: Green Garage Detroit